Wednesday 10 August 2011

The Gallery: Water

In it, under it, next to it, on it..that is where I am at my best. Happy times for me have always been associated with water. I have worked on yachts, I dive, I love to swim and whenever I get the chance I choose to live close to the sea or at the very least a river. Being back in South East London is pretty tough as it's still a bit far from the Thames for my liking! I am hoping Dodo will feel the same and have had her in the sea at every possible opportunity.
Start em' young

Play time with the sharks
Thailand is so connected with water and that is probably one of the reasons I like it so much. Bangkok with it's great muddy brown Chao Phraya river and the coast line and islands with fantastic beaches and world class dive sites. Not forgetting the most important festival in Thai culture, Songkran. The best excuse for a huge 3 day long water fight. Very handy that it falls around the time of my birthday in April, so I never have to plan a party for myself again! Just step out the door armed with the biggest water pistol I can get my hands on and prepare to get soaked. The heat has really started to pick up by April so a good drenching is just what everyone needs..add crazy music, beer and loads of white slimy chalk that the friendly locals love to smear all over everyone (not at all pervy if you were wondering!) and you end up feeling totally childish and having brilliant fun. Yeah I guess you can tell how much I love it! I could go on but I will spare you..This year I tried to introduce Dodo to the whole Songkran festival experience..didn't quiet go as planned..Will let the pictures do the talking!







4 comments:

  1. That water looks amazing - so clear. Not so sure about the slimy chalk. Your daughter's face is a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol look at her little face!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that face distracted me from a lovely post and pics. She is a character by the look of things and will have her own passions I am sure

    ReplyDelete