Friday 15 June 2012

Hey Mr DJ..Serious TUNES! with extra cheese..

When I spotted Sian and Claire tweeting about clubbing in the 90's on Monday night it set off a week of Spotifying and You Tubing. Dancing like a loon around the kitchen with very bemused kids looking at me like I was from Mars. I have been meaning to write this post since Monday night but I kept on getting distracted by the dancing. Showing my age, bemoaning they don't make tunes like this anymore ! I have turned into a proper Mum.
I spent most of the 90's in Glasgow, I loved it. For a small city it had a crazy amount of places to dance..so I did..most nights. I was eclectic in my choices from The Tunnel, The Arches, Sub Club and Archaos, to the student unions at The Art School and Strathclyde uni. I even did P.R for a few of the clubs to support my dance habit, bit of cash, free drinks and free entry. I do not do queues. Never ever. Slightly odd that the fathers of my kids are both D.J's..as is my brother!

So here you go, the gloriously cheesy (I love a bit of cheese) tunes from my Glasgow clubbing nights..enjoy..




































I could go on and on! but..last but by no means least..I know others have posted it too but I had to have it..




Join in with the 90's nostalgia over at Bad Fiction, let us hear a bit of your past! If you were around Glasgow in the 90's I would love to hear your clubbing memories.

2 comments:

  1. Clubbing in the 90s might have just squeezed into that one (more like the 80s) But LOVE your choice. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every post I read, Im like YEEEESSSSSSS!
    Some super choices here.... and I too have been making a fool out of myself in frount of L, but have loved every moment of it!

    ReplyDelete