Wednesday 29 May 2013

Things you don't see everyday

Popped out to have a quick foot massage (don't hate me!) left the nanny looking after Dodo. Twins happily tucked up in bed..all peaceful...Came home to find...cooking sounds...and an unusual aroma..

Sizzling critters

Our amazing Nanny Noy was just frying up some fresh bugs, as you do. Not so unusual as she is from Isan, but still not something I've seen going on in my kitchen! Noy declares that they are "yummy" and good with whiskey. Noy divides things into two categories "yummy" and "not yummy" bugs fall firmly into the first in her opinion.

Almost done

I watched and learned as they sizzled in my frying pan, knowing that there was only one outcome to this discussion on the merits of eating bugs. Yes I was going to have to face the moment of being asked to try one.

Done..now pass the whiskey

To top it off I was being watched by Dodo. Not going to be able to insist she tries new things if I don't go for one of these critters with an open mind. So open mind and open mouth it was. It really wasn't that bad, in fact it was alright. Crispy on the outside soft in the middle, not the best thing or the worst. I just wished there had been whiskey involved.

The unexpected twist was from my up for anything Dodo..now bare in mind she is off school for the third day running and has had a fever! She pipes up.."can I try a bug please Noy?" Heart swelled with pride! I love that girl.

Fearless..kinda!?!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment