Wednesday 14 September 2011

The Gallery: Happy Memory

This weeks gallery prompt has been a tricky one, I had a hard time choosing from so many great memories!  Travel, friends and family all featured in the contenders, but in the end I had to go with these pictures of my Grandmothers 80th birthday party this summer.
The Birthday Girl!
It was a really special day for me as I don't often get to spend time with all the family together. The sun shone all day and we spent the afternoon in my Granddads beautiful garden. This is a place that holds many great childhood memories for me, even though they have moved house since I was a little girl. The planting, pots and style reminds me of the original garden, down to the stone horses that I used to pretend to ride! I watched Dodo play with toys that I remember playing with at the same age and the joy that her great grandparents had from seeing her.

The best Great Granddad ever!


80!!! Never!

Loads of cake and candles
Dodo has worn him out!
I hope that Dodo will be able to remember the day and I'm looking forward to more special memories when my Grandparents meet the twins.


1 comment:

  1. Looks like a lovely day. That cake looks delicious.
    When are your twins due? About December time. Hope you are not starting to suffer too much. It is all worth it trust me.

    ReplyDelete