Friday 14 January 2011

Eyeliner and So Much More

Lately I have been slightly obsessed with eyeliner, liquid, pencil you name it and have probably got some on. I go through phases with make up sometimes it's all about the lipstick and then I get bored and move the focus to my eyes. Whatever it is it has to be fast! Dodo is fascinated with my make up and has been known to swipe a lippy with dire consequences. Put it this way she has not got the application technique right yet!
So in my quest for the perfect smudgy black eyeliner I happened upon the Illamasqua shop in central London..make up heaven! Really great colours and fantastic staff who make my hurried attempts at looking presentable look very tame. While I was mooching through the eyeliner choices I found one named S.O.P.H.I.E just what I had been after, black and soft, smudgy, gorgeous!
Really easy!
The pencil is named after Sophie Lancaster, a beautiful teenager who was kicked to death purely because she looked different. Illamasqua have teemed up with The Sophie Lancaster Foundation to raise much needed funds. The foundation was set up by Sophie's mum to create a lasting legacy for Sophie by campaigning for the U.K hate crimes legislation to extend to alternative subcultures, lifestyles and dress.
S.O.P.H.I.E stands for stamp out prejudice hatred and intolerance everywhere. I found this film on the trust website and it is a very moving reminder of what happened to Sophie.


1 comment: